07 October 2009

Howard the Duck (1986) - Film Capsule


Heroes: Howard

Villains: Dark Overlords

Diabolical Scheme: A Dark Overlord wants to use the same space laser that brought Howard to Earth from a parallel dimension to bring his Overlord friends to Earth.

Coolest Moment(s): I guess since the worst elements are what makes this a camp classic, the "coolest moments" are endless duck puns (ala "I know Quack-Fu") and of course duck boobs.

Worst Moment: I mean, the DVD case claims "fun for the whole family." That really doesn't imply duck boobs.

Opening Weekend: $5,070,136

Total Domestic Box Office: 16,295,774

Adjusted Domestic Total: around $32,092,000

Review in 50 Words or Less: The premise isn't the only thing wrong with this movie, though it is a big problem. Having a duck face off with a demon after trying to seduce Marty McFly's mom is bizarre, but working in zany Quack-Fu showdowns with street thugs, then clubbers, then truckers was just tiresome.


1 comment:

  1. I saw this when it hit theaters. Even as a kid I recognized that I was seeing something special. It was possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete